20,00

Alberobello

dal 1090 al 1861


Item purchasable with Culture Bonus 18app.

Compare
978-88-9355-430-5 428 Italian
Share

Meet The Author

Following complex research, conducted in several archives over forty years, finally this volume is published that describes the intricate events alberobellesi, some of which completely unknown, occurred over a period of over seven centuries.

In the first place the events of the feud of Alberobello, located in the territory of Monopolita, in the Late Middle Ages called the church of Saints Cosma and Damiano along with the church of Santa Maria di Barsento with its farmhouse: both possessions of the Benedictine monastery of Banzi, were confirmed with a diploma issued in Venosa in September 1090 (this document is also relevant for the dating of the Barsentan settlement).

The church of the Santi Medici is referred to as Arborbella in a writing of 1321. In 1392 the ancient territory of Alberobello was assigned by Pope Boniface IX to the bishop of Monopoli, while the monastery of Santa Maria di Banzi, now in full decline, was suppressed in 1420 and given in perpetual commendation to various prelates.

In the fifteenth century the territory of Alberobello passed under the rule of the Counts of Conversano, which marked the beginning of a new phase of life of the site.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Show only reviews in English (0)

Be the first to review “Alberobello”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *